RSS

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sharing is caring: Coffee is good for your health

Hello peeps! 

A friend of mine forwarded me an article from Shine, which is an online magazine. The article is about  5 health reason to not quit coffee. *Grin* Isn't it exciting? I'm grinning from head to toe just by reading the title. 



The article is a good news to all coffee lover! It listed down the benefit of drinking coffee to our health. I don’t know how true it is but at least it assures me that coffee is not that bad, right? The key rules here is moderation. Don't drink like there is no tomorrow. Nothing is good if you don’t place limit to it.

Here are the points from the article:

Reason No.1 – It protects your heart
Coffee works as antioxidants and do you know that coffee has more antioxidants than blueberries? Isn't it great? :-)



Reason No.2 – It diverts diabetes
According to the article, people who drink 4 or more cups of coffee each day may have a lower risk of developing type 2 diabetes. Hmm…should I increase my coffee intake from 2 cups to 4 cups per day, yes or no? Ok, don’t worry, on second thought, I think I shouldn’t. Remember the rules here? MODERATION.

Reason No.3 – Your liver loves it
It says, one analysis of nine studies found that every 2-cup increase in daily coffee intake reduced liver cancer risk by 43 percent! Again, I’m not sure whether the research is reliable.*scratching head*

Reason No.4 – It boosts your brain power
I kind of agree to this. My brain works faster when I drink coffee. The fresh aroma of coffee awakes me. Heaven.

Reason No.5 – It helps your headaches
Well, I never associate headache to my habit of drinking coffee. I seldom had headache. But, sometimes I do get headache before my monthly “best friend” came. Maybe I should try to drink coffee to calm my spinning head.

Do you agree with all these reason, no? Well, after reading the article I feel less guilty when I drink coffee. 2 cups a day won’t hurt, right? So, to coffee lover, do enjoy your cup of coffee! Peace.

0 comments: